A resolutely ecological campsite
A CAMPSITE AT ONE
Surrounded by open countryside, yet at the heart of Argelès sur Mer, Le Dauphin, an green and responsible campsite, was conceived with respect for the environment. It continues to develop but, at the same time, maintain the same ethos of the site – harmony with nature.
Respect for the environment
The campsite extends over an 8.5 hectare area of land planted with carefully selected trees and Mediterranean plants: olives trees, citrus fruit trees, palms and regional plants, chosen not just for their natural beauty but also with an awareness of their ability to flourish with limited watering.
Careful, environmentally sensitive landscaping is at the heart of our accommodation. The area with the cottages is particularly so in that we have created each with its own private garden as well as a view over the Albères hills. Our overall objective is to create a “large garden” where people are encouraged to walk and be able to unwind at the same time.
This trend is further enhanced by bringing on site the Lodge Tents and mobile homes which blend into the landscape through selecting appropriate coloured canvas, wooden terraces etc. The fact that each pitch is separated by hedges and by using natural materials such as those for the straw huts make for a place to stay which demonstrates ecological awareness.
- Spreading mulched material at the foot of plants limits the necessity for watering
- Low energy light bulbs in all new mobile homes
- Energy saving water taps
- Low energy lighting in public areas
- Contactors activated by the key, in mobile homes limit the waste of energy
- Recycling bins
- Separate bins encouraging recycling in mobile homes
- Recycling batteries and ink cartridges
- Shredding and composting tree and hedge trimmings
- Purchasing new ecological mobile homes, made in France and which are 95% recyclable
The campsite’s positive attitude to the protection of the environment is clear and demonstrates our aim for quality in all we do.